Business Continuity Plan
Business continuity planning is the process of creating systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats to a company. In addition to prevention, the goal is to enable ongoing operations before and during the execution of disaster recovery.
To operate the organization in the event of an unanticipated interruption of normal operations. The objective is to ensure the safety of employees and external partners to protect customers and stakeholders and ensure continuity of business.
The following scenarios are considered to trigger the appropriate business continuity plan
In the event of the failure of a computing or networking hardware.
Damage to or inaccessibility of primary work location
If due to any reason, the primary work location is not accessible.
Over the last several weeks Novel Coronavirus has quickly spread across the globe.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious acute respiratory disease caused by a new virus that had not been previously identified in humans. The virus causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever and in more severe cases, pneumonia.
For more information, visit https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance
Considering the current situation across countries, most of the Governments have advised companies to shut down their offices thereby avoiding large gatherings of people.
Forgeahead Solutions being an ISO 27001:2013 (Information Security Management System) certified organisation, has a comprehensive contingency and business continuity plan in place, and we are executing accordingly. First and foremost, this means taking care of our people: our employees, our customers, and our partners, including accounting for:
- Geographically-dispersed teams: Forgeahead Solutions footprint is not contained within one geography; we have team members located across 3 separate offices in 3 different countries – US, Canada & India.
- Remote-ready workforce: The entire organization is equipped to be fully functional and provide uninterrupted service should employees be required to work remotely.
- Chief Information Security Officer of Forgeahead Solutions (CISO) to Inform key stakeholders such as company management, customers, vendors, government authorities and others who need to know and will possibly have a business impact
- Equip all employees with laptops, internet connection, cloud-based tools and supported by specific security processes and policies for remote working from an alternate location which could be from their own home or a secondary work location.
- Test the BCP by conducting a trial run
- We have introduced travel restrictions in our business, and have asked our employees to use mobile/video-based collaboration tools instead of physically attending meetings.
- Our leadership team is monitoring and reviewing the status of operations actively with the intent of reducing any customer pendency, while keeping safety to be of paramount importance
- Once normalcy in the situation is restored, Forgeahead Solutions would have their employees restart work from primary work location
- CISO shall inform all the stakeholders as mentioned above that BCP has ended
We recognize that the situation is concerning and we are dealing with it with the diligence and attention that it deserves. Our teams are committed to working through these difficult times as quickly as possible and in a manner that keeps everyone safe and your business thriving.
For further information or queries, you may reach out to the Devesh Hingorani, CISO at [email protected]