Senior Lead Engineer (Python and AWS)
You will be responsible for the entire product life-cycle, from working with a Product Manager and UX Designer on the problem being solved, provide possible solutions, the UI design, implementation, analytics, and DevOps. You should possess a mix of technical strength, business strength, and excellent product ideas.
- Work in collaboration with the Offshore Project Manager to lead a team of software developers, testers, providing technical expertise and mentorship.
- Prioritize task in conjunction with the stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to design product experiences.
- Build web apps in Python/Flask, maintain and improvise APIs.
- Continually improve our technical stack and processes to leverage AWS services and serverless.
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure to improve release efficiency and maintainability.
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure a high quality of code.
- To provide the first point of contact for Level 3 production support and channelization of these to the team.
- Strong in Python
- Experience in PHP would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of AWS Cloud: EC2, ECS, CloudWatch, Autoscaling, RDS, Elasticache, etc. is a must.
- Any knowledge of AWS Serverless, Lambda, etc. will be helpful.
- Lead daily scrum calls with offshore team
- Ability to assess frontend frameworks tools, if the need arise (but not mandatory)
- Define test strategy, guide QA team accordingly
- Experience or thorough knowledge of Memcached and Redis
- Self-motivated, independent contributor, coordinator
- CI/CD tools: Bitbucket Pipeline / Jenkins
- Basic understanding of Docker
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to work on Problem management
- Documentation and Process orient
- Ability to find Root Cause and Plan preventive action item.
- Excellent English, spoken and written