Lead Engineer (Python)
You will be responsible for the entire project, from working with a Product Manager and UX Designer on the problem being solved, possible solutions, the UI design, implementation, and analytics. You should possess a mix of technical strength, business strength and good product ideas.
- Lead team of software engineers, providing technical expertise and mentorship.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to design product experiences.
- Build web apps in Python/Flask, maintain and improvise APIs.
- Continually improve our technical stack and processes.
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure as necessary.
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of a quality application.
- Production support and channelization of same to the team, work prioritization.
- Strong in Python
- Experience in PHP would be an added advantage
- Lead daily scrum calls with offshore team
- Ability to assess frontend frameworks tools, if the need arise (but not mandatory)
- Define test strategy, guide QA team accordingly
- Experience or thorough knowledge of Memcached and/or Redis
- Self-motivated, independent contributor, coordinator
- CI/CD tools: Bitbucket Pipeline / Jenkins
- AWS Cloud: EC2, ECS, CloudWatch, Autoscaling, RDS, Elasticache, etc.
- Basic understanding of Docker
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to work on Problem management
- Documentation and Process orient
- Ability to find Root Cause and Plan preventive action item
- Excellent English, spoken and written
Apply deep advanced analytical skills to explore complex datasets for knowledge discovery and predictive modeling activities.
Ability to work independently to innovate, and develop prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility of research ideas.
Inspire and influence others for continous improvement in every aspect
Be hands on in development and execution of predictive analytics and machine learning.
Job Requirements :
Minimum two years of experience with Machine Learning technologies
Expert in building custom ML algorithms leveraging statistical concepts and ML tools
Apply machine learning, data mining, predictive modelling & statistical techniques to create new scalable models
Understanding & working knowledge in Natural Language Processing & Conceptual modelling
Proficiency in statistical analysis tools (R, Python and SAS)
Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (e.g. Bayesian Analysis, Reduced Dimensional Data Representations and Multi-scale Feature Identification).
Research and implement data mining machine learning algorithms in supervised and unsupervised learning areas Good knowledge of NoSQL DB (Mongo/Casandra)
Awareness/Experience with big data tools (Hadoop, HDFS & Spark).
Experience on AWS/Google machine learning services is a plus
Experience with any of these is a plus: scikit-learn, Pandas, R, ggplot, D3, and Spark (open source preferred)