Lead Engineer (Python)
You will be responsible for the entire project, from working with a Product Manager and UX Designer on the problem being solved, possible solutions, the UI design, implementation, and analytics. You should possess a mix of technical strength, business strength and good product ideas.
- Lead team of software engineers, providing technical expertise and mentorship.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to design product experiences.
- Build web apps in Python/Flask, maintain and improvise APIs.
- Continually improve our technical stack and processes.
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure as necessary.
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of a quality application.
- Production support and channelization of same to the team, work prioritization.
- Strong in Python
- Experience in PHP would be an added advantage
- Lead daily scrum calls with offshore team
- Ability to assess frontend frameworks tools, if the need arise (but not mandatory)
- Define test strategy, guide QA team accordingly
- Experience or thorough knowledge of Memcached and/or Redis
- Self-motivated, independent contributor, coordinator
- CI/CD tools: Bitbucket Pipeline / Jenkins
- AWS Cloud: EC2, ECS, CloudWatch, Autoscaling, RDS, Elasticache, etc.
- Basic understanding of Docker
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to work on Problem management
- Documentation and Process orient
- Ability to find Root Cause and Plan preventive action item
- Excellent English, spoken and written